10 - 12 September, 2018
NH Collection Tower, Barcelona
44 (0) 20 7368 9836
Chair of the Committee for Professionalism
12:20 PM Oxford Style Debate: True or false - Financial market regulation has had an overall positive effect on the FX market over the last decade
David Woolcock, Chair of the Committee for Professionalism, ACI – TRUE ("The move to more principle led regulatory initiatives in the unregulated markets are levelling the playing field alongside more transparent practices that will help rebuild confidence in FX markets paving the way to increasing volumes for the benefit of all.")
Robert Savage, CEO, CC Track Solutions- FALSE
Isaac Lieberman, CEO, Aston Capital Management - TRUE
- Do the positives outweigh any negatives since the regulatory regime started post 2008?
- How have various regulatory frameworks impacted how the buy and sell side trade and has this overall impact been positive or negative?
- Is the new FX market structure more efficient and reliable under this regulatory regime or is it now insufficient to meet the demands of end investors?
- Is further regulatory reform needed to alter markets further or does MiFID II signal the end of major market regulation?
11:20 AM Keynote Panel: Disrupt or be disrupted? Evaluating the emergence of cryptocurrencies and their potential place in your future FX portfolio
- Who are the main players in the cryptocurrencies market you need to be aware of? How are existing FX market players developing trading innovations and product offerings in this space?
- What are the opportunities when trading cryptocurrencies and what is the potential for growth?
- What are the technological developments being made to facilitate the trading of cryptocurrencies?
- FAD or opportunity - Is there a viable place for cryptocurrencies in the FX desk of the future, and what place could they have as part of an investment portfolio?
- True or false – cryptocurrencies are a speculative fad, but the blockchain/distributed ledger technology behind them is the true market disruptor which will fundamentally alter the financial market