10 - 12 September, 2018
NH Collection Tower, Barcelona
44 (0) 20 7368 9836
Aston Capital Management
12:20 PM Oxford Style Debate: True or false - Financial market regulation has had an overall positive effect on the FX market over the last decade
David Woolcock, Chair of the Committee for Professionalism, ACI – TRUE ("The move to more principle led regulatory initiatives in the unregulated markets are levelling the playing field alongside more transparent practices that will help rebuild confidence in FX markets paving the way to increasing volumes for the benefit of all.")
Robert Savage, CEO, CC Track Solutions- FALSE
Isaac Lieberman, CEO, Aston Capital Management - TRUE
- Do the positives outweigh any negatives since the regulatory regime started post 2008?
- How have various regulatory frameworks impacted how the buy and sell side trade and has this overall impact been positive or negative?
- Is the new FX market structure more efficient and reliable under this regulatory regime or is it now insufficient to meet the demands of end investors?
- Is further regulatory reform needed to alter markets further or does MiFID II signal the end of major market regulation?
4:50 PM 360° Perspective: How can the buy side and O/EMS providers work more in collaboration and bridge the gap between where we are and where we should be?
- How can the industry ensure that front office technology is best meeting the needs of the asset management industry?
- Is a multi-asset O/EMS that meets current buy side needs possible in the near short term? Or should you use a product specific OMS due to the fragmentation of markets and nature of liquidity?
- What do the buy side truly care about when it comes to O/EMS requirements, where providers should be focusing their efforts – is it millisecond pricing or the ability to efficiently report execution?