10 - 12 September, 2018
NH Collection Tower, Barcelona
44 (0) 20 7368 9836
Former Buy Side Head of Trading and Execution
11:00 AM Former Buy Side Interview: The view from the ‘other’ side - How has a former buy side heads transitioned to the platform universe?
- Having formerly worked on the buy side, how would you have done things differently if you were back in your buy side head role?
- In the current environment, how are technology providers and platforms viewing the opportunities and threats in front of them such as increased competition and innovation?
- How has regulation changed the technology universe and what opportunities has this brought?
- What challenges and opportunities does working for your current employer bring versus being at a buy side firm?
- What were your personal motivations & observations for making the move, what do you view differently in your new seat, and what remains the same?
9:40 AM In Conversation: How has the European FX market responded to an updated Global Code of Conduct?
•What are the major ongoing grey areas on the specifics of the Global Code, where further market clarification is needed?
•Will market players partner with firms who aren’t signed up to the Global Code of Conduct?
•How are regulators, associations and market players collaborating to ensure joint communication and agreement on the way forward?
•What’s next on the agenda re the Global Code?
10:00 AM In Conversation: How has the European FX market responded and performed in the wake of MiFID II, and is MiFID III on the horizon?
•How prepared was the industry for MiFID II - what is the view of regulators, central banks, and industry bodies?
•How does Brexit potentially impact equivalence in EU markets – could there be a two-tiered market? And how are market locations other than London positioning themselves to attract FX players?
•What are the major ongoing grey areas on the specifics of MiFID II, where further market clarification is needed?
•How can the market/practitioners best influence and communicate with regulators?
•What’s next on the regulatory agenda? Is MiFID III in the foreseeable future?