10 - 12 September, 2018
NH Collection Tower, Barcelona
44 (0) 20 7368 9836
Chief Investment Officer
3:50 PM Fireside Chat: How should and are Central Banks intervening in the FX markets, and how is their influence growing?
- Central bank policy convergence - With the ECB winding down their Quantitative Easing programme what impact will this have on the euro?
- Examining the growing influence of central banks – are they playing a bigger role in the FX market and in financial markets generally, and is this going to continue to increase and at the same speed?
- How effective have central banking policies been - have they had the desired impact to improve the economy?
- With many Central Banks reversing recent policies, is there a limit to how far monetary policy can go?
2:00 PM Global Currency Roundtables: Breaking down geo-political boundaries – All you need to know about currency trends to meet your investment objectives across global jurisdictions
Join these informal, locality specific roundtables hosted by one individual expert in that jurisdiction. This is your chance to quiz a market expert on where the opportunities lie in a continent of your choice, and the implications this will have on currency investing. Each roundtable is limited to 10 buy side to entice an interactive, open discussion.
Drill down on the major macro indicators affecting each jurisdiction:
USA Roundtable - What impact is the Trump era continuing to have on US capital markets?
Hosted By: Thomas Wind, Executive Director, Head of Foreign Exchange & Trading, Woodman Asset Management
Europe Roundtable - What does Brexit and political instability mean for the European investment landscape?
Hosted By: Brigitte Le Bris, Managing Director, Head of FX and Global EM, Natixis Asset Management
China Roundtable - Are the Chinese debt woes coming to roost - What will happen with the currency regime in China and how will this impact the investment landscape?
Hosted By: Thanos Papasavvas, Founder & CEO, ABP Invest and former Strategist, Fixed Income and Currency, Investec Asset Management
EM Roundtable - Are emerging markets set to continue their rally in 2018/2019?
Hosted By: Paul Chappell, Chairman, C-View and Director of Education, ACI
Latin America Roundtable - How is increasing growth potential and political reforms impacting investment opportuntiies?
Hosted By: Abbas Ameli-Renani, Portfolio Manager, Global Macro, Algebris Investments
3:35 PM FX Crystal Ball: How will the global FX market landscape evolve in an era of increasing geo-political and market structure disruption and fintech innovations?
- What does a post Brexit Europe and Trump administration mean for financial regulation?
- Which types of technological innovation do we expect to transform the FX market in the next 10 years?
- What macro trends are likely to impact the future of the FX market?
- The known unknowns, and the unknown unknowns: What kind of black swan events could alter the projected trends?
- What does the role of the FX trader look like in 2030: are they part robot, part human?