10 - 12 September, 2018
NH Collection Tower, Barcelona
44 (0) 20 7368 9836
Executive Director, Head of Foreign Exchange & Trading
Woodman Asset Management
3:00 PM 360° Perspective: Predicting the top 3 geopolitical hotspots and their influence on global FX markets – is uncertainty set to continue in 2018 and 2019?
- With heightened political risk in both developed and emerging markets, what impact does this have on FX markets?
- What are the drivers of the renminbi? What does President Xi wish to achieve, and what are the implications for investors?
- What are the major opportunities and investment drivers in Latin America?
- With many central banks shifting into tightening mode, how “normal” will the new normal look?
4:50 PM In Coversation: What are the best strategies for FX Portfolio Managers to tackle a post MiFID II world and support their execution desks?
- With many buy side firms leaving the implications of MiFID II primarily to the trading desk, FX Portfolio Managers can have limited understanding of what it means for them – how does MiFID II specifically impact the portfolio management function?
- What aspects of best execution do Portfolio Managers need to get involved in, and how can they best support their execution desks to ensure compliance?
- How does MIFID II affect doing trades using tools such as Bloomberg chat? Does it need to be more electronic now?
2:00 PM Global Currency Roundtables: Breaking down geo-political boundaries – All you need to know about currency trends to meet your investment objectives across global jurisdictions
Join these informal, locality specific roundtables hosted by one individual expert in that jurisdiction. This is your chance to quiz a market expert on where the opportunities lie in a continent of your choice, and the implications this will have on currency investing. Each roundtable is limited to 10 buy side to entice an interactive, open discussion.
Drill down on the major macro indicators affecting each jurisdiction:
USA Roundtable - What impact is the Trump era continuing to have on US capital markets?
Hosted By: Thomas Wind, Executive Director, Head of Foreign Exchange & Trading, Woodman Asset Management
Europe Roundtable - What does Brexit and political instability mean for the European investment landscape?
Hosted By: Brigitte Le Bris, Managing Director, Head of FX and Global EM, Natixis Asset Management
China Roundtable - Are the Chinese debt woes coming to roost - What will happen with the currency regime in China and how will this impact the investment landscape?
Hosted By: Thanos Papasavvas, Founder & CEO, ABP Invest and former Strategist, Fixed Income and Currency, Investec Asset Management
EM Roundtable - Are emerging markets set to continue their rally in 2018/2019?
Hosted By: Paul Chappell, Chairman, C-View and Director of Education, ACI